Anthony Whelan is a partner in the Melbourne office of Baker McKenzie and is head of the Firm's Australian Construction practice. He has extensive experience in all aspects of construction law and has advised on market-leading major projects and developments in Australia and Asia. Anthony is a listed lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific for construction.
Anthony's practice focuses on all aspects of construction law, ranging from preparation of contract documents, advice on contract administration and dispute resolution both domestically and internationally.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for plaintiffs and defendants in many types of construction disputes and in arbitrations, mediations and litigations.
- Conducting and providing strategic advice to client's involved in major domestic and international litigation/arbitration concerning oil and gas facilities.
- Negotiating and drafting construction contracts for Australian and off-shore process facilities together with associated documentation such as licence agreements, performance guarantees and incentive agreements.
- Advising proprietors, contractors and subcontractors on the appropriate commercial structure and documentation on many commercial and industrial projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Supreme Court of Victoria - Building Cases List Users Group
- New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- Victoria~Australia (1989)
- Melbourne University (1987)
- Monash University (1985)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.