Chris is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution team in London. Chris has substantial experience in business crime and regulatory investigations and is a part of our multi-disciplinary global Compliance & Investigations team. He advises corporates and individuals in relation to white-collar crime and undertakes internal investigations for corporates where there are suspected compliance failings which may result in potential criminal or regulatory liability. Chris's practice also includes advising corporates on risk and compliance issues, particularly in the areas of bribery and corruption and money laundering.
Representative Legal Matters
Notable transactions completed by Chris prior to joining the Firm include:
- Advised a Chinese Investment Bank on compliance with AML and anti-bribery and corruption legislation.
- Member of the team which represented GlaxoSmithKline in respect of an investigation into bribery and corruption by the Serious Fraud Office.
- Represented individuals in the UK in relation to investigations by the US Department of Justice into transactions between Credit Suisse and Mozambique.
- Acted for an individual in the Serious Fraud Office investigation into alleged fraudulent transactions between Barclays and Qatar.
- Represented an individual prosecuted by the Serious Fraud Office in relation to allegations of fraud and false accounting at Tesco.
- Acted for an individual questioned by the Serious Fraud Office in relation to an investigation into liquidity auctions at the Bank of England.
- Advised two of the big four technology companies on the extra-territorial impact of the Investigatory Powers Act.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a brokerage firm involved in allegations relating to Libor rigging.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fraud Lawyers Association - Member
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association - Member
- Financial Services Lawyers Association - Member
- Private Prosecutors' Association - Member
- European Criminal Bar Association - Member
- England & Wales (2004)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.