Ora Wexler is a member of the North American Corporate & Securities group. Ora focuses her practice on a variety of transactional matters with particular emphasis on public and private capital market transactions. She also advises on corporate governance, capital market regulatory compliance and other securities-related matters. Ora is a member of the Firm's North American Capital Markets sub-committee and the Toronto office's student committee.
Ora's practice focuses on representing clients in a variety of capital market transactions and securities regulatory matters, including private placements, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital market regulatory compliance matters and other securities issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as Canadian counsel to Sprott Inc. in its CAD 187 million acquisition of all outstanding common shares of Sprott Resource Lending Corp. by way of a plan of arrangement.
- Acted as counsel to The Westaim Corporation regarding the acquisition of its wholly owned subsidiary, Jevco Insurance Company, by Intact Financial Corporation in the amount of CAD 530 million.
- Acted for the underwriters in a CAD 46.1 million public offering of units of Crius Energy Trust.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to The Westaim Corporation in its private placement offering of an aggregate of 72,120,145 special warrants for aggregate gross proceeds of USD 234,390,471 and subsequent public offering qualifying for distribution an aggregate of 72,120,145 subscription receipts issuable upon the deemed exercise of 72,120,145 special warrants.
- Acted for the underwriters in a public offering of 6,400,000 common shares of Carmanah Technologies Corporation for aggregate gross proceeds of CAD 32 million.
- Acted for the underwriters in a public offering of 6,785,000 common shares of Polaris Materials Corporation (formerly Polaris Minerals Corporation) for aggregate gross proceeds of CAD 17.4 million.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to Sprott Inc. and the selling shareholder, 2176423 Ontario Ltd., a company controlled by Eric Sprott, in the secondary offering of common shares of Sprott Inc.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to Sprott Physical Gold Trust, Sprott Physical Silver Trust and Sprott Physical Platinum and Palladium Trust in their initial public offerings and follow-on offerings.
- Acted as Canadian securities counsel to Catamaran Corporation in a USD 500 million underwritten public offering of senior notes.
- Acted for the agents in the public offerings completed by Opsens Inc., iCo Therapeutics Inc., Bioniche Life Sciences Inc., SQI Diagnostics Inc., DiaMedica Inc., ESSA Pharma Inc. and Titan Medical Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Brandeis University Toronto Alumni Club - Co-President
- Ontario~Canada (2008)
- Queen's University (J.D.) (2007)
- Brandeis University (B.A. Economics cum laude) (2004)