Billie’s practice includes all aspects of employment compliance and litigation under federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Before specializing in employment law, Billie focused on complex business litigation and class action defense. She also has extensive experience in a variety of substantive areas, including business disputes, white collar criminal defense, consumer protection, intellectual property, and products liability. Prior to entering private practice, Billie served as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard C. Tallman, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, and to the Honorable Alicemarie H. Stotler, U.S. District Judge, Central District of California.
Billie has significant experience defending a broad range of complex litigation matters in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels. Billie represents employers in single-plaintiff and collective-action matters, including wage and hour, harassment and discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, wrongful termination, unfair business practices, and trade secret disputes, before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and in arbitration and mediation. In addition, Billie’s practice includes counseling clients in litigation avoidance. She frequently assists employers with investigations, policy reviews, management training, and in settling and negotiating employment-related claims.
- Named, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2012-2014, 2016-2018
- Named, Top Women Attorneys in Northern California, San Francisco Magazine, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Labor and Employment Section, State Bar of California - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Labor and Employment Section and Litigation Section, Contra Costa Bar Association - Member
- Northern California Employment Roundtable - President, 2017 - Present
- California~United States (2004)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California~United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California~United States
- Loyola Law School (J.D., Dean's Scholarship Recipient, Order of the Coif) (2004)
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.A. Speech Communication) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.