Jonathan Welbel has approximately 9 years of experience in tax controversy. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Jonathan served as the attorney-advisor for the Honorable Harry A. Haines of the United States Tax Court. Additionally, he worked for several years in the tax department of another international law firm, where he represented clients in all stages of tax controversy. Jonathan primarily concentrates on transfer pricing issues and international tax controversies.
Jonathan is a certified public accountant. He is also an adjunct professor in the Northwestern University School of Law’s LLM in Taxation Program. Jonathan teaches the transfer pricing class, which is available to both LLM and JD students.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Bar Association’s Section on Taxation, Chicago Branch - Chair
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2012)
- Illinois~United States (2007)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM Taxation with Honors) (2008)
- Case Western Reserve University (JD cum laude) (2007)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (BA Accountancy) (2003)