Isabell Weaver is a senior associate in the German International Commercial & Trade practice group. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2014. Previously, Isabell worked for international law firms in Washington D.C. and Dusseldorf, and clerked at the Regional Court Dusseldorf. She studied law at the University of Munster and Georgetown Law School in Washington D.C. Isabell Weaver is admitted to the German bar.
Representative Legal Matters
- Draft of and advice on distribution agreements, agency and sales agreements of multinational corporations in several industry sectors, including consumer goods, manufacturing, services and automotive.
- Advised several international electronic manufacturing companies on supply chain and contract management in several European countries.
- Advised a Californian producer of organic food on setting up a new distribution system in Europe, including contract negotiation with local distributors and agents.
- Represented an international sporting goods manufacturer in court proceedings against claims by distributors related to manufacturer's selective distribution system.
- Revised and coordinated the revision of Tier-1 automotive supplier's Purchasing Terms and Conditions for 19 different countries.
- Represented several manufacturing companies in commercial litigation against termination indemnification and damage claims by agents and distributors.
- Advised a European bank in a 12 million Euros enforcement proceeding in Germany related to the termination of loan and security agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DBJV, German Brazilian Lawyers Association - Member
- Georgetown Alumni - Member
- Germany (2014)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM) (2018)
- High Regional Court of Dusseldorf (Second State Exam) (2014)
- Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster (First State Exam) (2011)
- Sao Paolo
Co-author (with Stephan J. Spehl), "DOJ veröffentlicht neue Compliance Program Evaluation Guidance - Diese Fragen sollten Unternehmen in FCPA-Verfahren beantworten können," in CCZ 2017, 107
Author "Fragen und Antworten zum UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 - Mit welchen Maßnahmen können Unternehmen Menschenhandel und Zwangsarbeit in ihren Lieferketten effektiv verhindern?" in CCZ 2016, 102