Jessica joined Baker McKenzie in September 2017. Across her two year training contract she gained experience in Corporate M&A, Intellectual Property law and Competition and Trade law. She also completed a full-time six-month secondment at a global oil & energy company working on commercial, technology and intellectual property agreements with the aviation, retail and global commercial businesses. Jessica qualified into Baker McKenzie's IPTech team in September 2019.
Jessica's focus is on drafting, negotiating and advising on intellectual property, technology and commercial agreements and advising on trade mark and brand enforcement issues. Jessica also has experience advising on IP and technology transactions as well as experience advising on various employment IP issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a premium audio technology company on its sale and transfer of intellectual property in the UK and US with a particular focus on drafting and negotiating IP licensing arrangements.
- Acted for a global pumps supplier with respect to a trade mark infringement, passing off and parallel imports dispute in the UK IPEC.
- Advised a household FMCG company on its global IP re-organisation.
- Advised a global consulting company on force majeure and contractual relief during the COVID-19 pandemic across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on multiple trade mark infringement and counterfeit law disputes for a number of household FMCG companies.
- Provided detailed advice on intermediary liability, copyright and the Online Harms White Paper to global technology companies.
- Provided advice and enforcement support in relation to data hacks and bot fraud to a global fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) company.
- England & Wales (2019)
- BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course & Business Masters (Fast Track)) (2017)
- Durham University (LL.B.) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.