Rachel Wang is a special counsel in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Capital Markets Practice Group.
Her practice focuses on Capital Markets, IPOs and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing 3SBio Inc. in its issuance of EUR 320 million zero-coupon
convertible bonds due 2025 through its SPV, as well as in the concurrent
repurchase of its existing convertible bonds due 2022.
- Representing China Railway Construction Corporation Limited in issuance of USD
1 billion guaranteed perpetual securities.
- Representing Hong Kong Airline Limited in issuance of USD 180 million guaranteed notes and further issuance of USD 120 million and USD 250 million guaranteed notes.
- Representing China Pacific Insurance Group Co., Ltd. in its issuance of global
depositary receipts and listing on the London Stock Exchange Shanghai-London
Stock Connect scheme.
- Representing China Merchants Land Asset Management Co., Limited in offering of
China Merchants Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust and listing on the
Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing Changsha Broad Homes Industrial Group Co., Ltd., a PC unit manufacturer, in the public offering of its H shares and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representing China Eastern Airline (listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange) in absorbing Shanghai Airline (listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange).
- Representing Uyou Television Shopping Company in merger with OCJ.
- Advised BC Technology Group Limited (Stock code: 863) on its HKD 697 million top-up placing.
- Representing a foreign PE fund in investment of USD 31.6 million in China Sports Interactive Media Group.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong - Member
- Hong Kong (2014)
- People's Republic of China (2007)
- New York (2004)
- Fordham University (LL.M.) (2004)
- Golden Gate University (LL.M.) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie, a Hong Kong partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.