David is an associate in the Sydney Banking & Finance Practice with a particular focus on acquisition finance, corporate lending and leveraged finance transactions by banks and alternative capital providers.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie Sydney, David has also worked in the London office of Baker McKenzie as well as the Hong Kong and Sydney offices of a major international law firm.
David has acted for many of the world's leading financial institutions, sponsors and corporates across a wide range of sectors and transactions internationally.
He regularly advises banks and corporate borrowers on a variety of domestic and cross-border bank finance transactions, including syndicated and bilateral loans, acquisition financing and asset financing.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an English bank on refinancing loans to an operator of student accommodation facilities.
- Advising a major Australian property development and management company in establishing a AUD 2 billion multicurrency EMTN programme.
- Advising the owner of various luxury hotels on its development and operating finance arrangements.
- Advising the lenders in an export credit agency backed project financing to a major Turkish telecommunications company.
- Advising the security trustee on the reorganisation and restructuring of USD 10 billion of debt by a dual listed South African/German international retail company.
- Advising a major European port operator on a EUR 30 million term loan.
- Advising a corporate borrower restructure and refinance their existing global debt facilities with a new asset-backed revolving facility, term loan and high yield notes, with a total limit of USD 2.5 billion.
Prior to joining the Firm, David handled the following matters:
Advised a Swedish private equity group on a AUD 460 million syndicated facilities for the acquisition of an Australian radiology and medical imaging company.
Advised a syndicate of lenders under a GBP 295 million facility for a major international energy services company.
Advised a syndicate of lenders under a USD 380 million and EUR 90 million facility for a major international travel services provider.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- High Court of New Zealand (2016)
- High Court of Australia (2015)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2014)
- University of Sydney (JD) (2013)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor Economics and Social Sciences) (2010)
- Presenter, "An in-depth review of the Global Master Repurchase Agreement (GMRA)," ICMA, 7 December 2017