Shiu-man Wan is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office, focused on property developments.
Mr. Wan's practice focuses on property developments and transactions in Hong Kong. His practice includes project conveyancing, obtaining required approvals for the same and advising developers on compliance applicable to first-hand sales of residential properties in Hong Kong. He also advises different clients on structured property deals and land grant and building management matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for different developers in the preparation of deed of mutual covenant (DMC), applications for DMC approval and pre-sale consent and/or project conveyancing for more than 40 projects in Hong Kong.
- Advising different developers on compliance with the Residential Properties (First-hand Sales) Ordinance in at least 20 projects in Hong Kong. This includes the preparation and review of sales brochures, price lists, sales arrangements and promotional materials, show flats and sales office, and assisting developers in their responses to regulatory authorities.
- Representing Wheelock in its sale of two office towers in One Bay East, Kowloon East, Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong (2005)
- Oxford University (B.C.L.) (2003)
- The University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.) (2002)
- The University of Hong Kong (Bachelor of Laws) (2001)