Robert S. Walton works mainly on tax matters. He is a member of the bar of the US Tax Court, a member of the US Circuit Courts of Appeals, the Court of Federal Claims, the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and Court of Appeals, as well as the US Supreme Court. Prior to graduating at the Harvard School of Law, Mr. Walton earned his B.S. in Accountancy from the University of Illinois.
Mr. Walton works with clients at all stages of tax controversies from the audit level, to IRS Appeals, to litigation in the Tax Court and other federal courts. He has experience in tax planning — including mergers and acquisitions, tax deferral and withholding taxes — and provides counsel on tax issues arising from financial products. Mr. Walton is also a member of the NATPG Best Practices Committee.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2009)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2008)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2006)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2002)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2000)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (1996)
- Illinois Supreme Court~United States (1996)
- Harvard Law School (J.D.) (1996)
- University of Illinois (B.S., High Honors) (1993)