Andre Walter is a strategic compliance adviser at the data protection and privacy practice of Baker McKenzie, Amsterdam with more than 20 years of industry experience. He managed and advised in many projects across various industries, including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, aviation, telecom, FMCG and retail.
Previously, Andre was a managing consultant within the international Cybersecurity & Privacy practice of Capgemini Consulting . Before that, Andre partnered with an international law firm and an auditing firm, worked as senior privacy program manager at Vodafone and as product manager in the CCTV recording industry.
Representative Legal Matters
Andre has a broard experience across a number of industies and delivered on, amoung others, the following assignments:
- Global Telecom group: Supported global privacy officer to develop and implement a global data privacy risk management framework.
- Aviation: Designed GDPR framework to ensure compliance and enable a digital transformation program, agile online solution development and other big-data initiatives.
- Manufacturing: Provided privacy advice to major German car manufacturer to formulate the international privacy strategy and target picture of the marketing analytics program.
- Identity and access providers: Advised on business models in the emerging field of personal data ecosystems, enabling sustainable data-driven opportunities.
- Busines-to-business: Drove various programs in the international business-to-business context to develop and implement tailored and appropriate global data privacy frameworks.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- IAPP Fellow of Information Privacy
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Member of the MBA admission board at the University of Maastricht
- Member of the Citizens' Committee for Development Woerden established with the aim of combating poverty in developing countries
- Tilburg University (Specialization Course) (2015)
- Maastricht University (MBA International Executive MBA) (2013)