Calvin Walker has more than 20 years experience working in the international project finance market and heads the Global Project Finance practice group. He has been consistently recognized as a leader in his field by legal directories, including Chambers Global, Legal 500, PLC Which Lawyer? and Legal Experts.
Calvin's primary focus is the financing of energy and infrastructure projects in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Turkey and Russia/CIS. He acts for sponsors, lenders and governments and advises in the power, oil and gas, LNG, mining and infrastructure sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Lenders (Bayern LB supported by Hermes) on first 50MW solar PV project to reach Financial Close on Round 1 of Egyptian FiT Programme.
- Acted for Acciona/Swicorp on three x 50MW projects in Round 2 of Egyptian Solar Programme.
- Acting for Marubeni and Posco Energy on the Morupule B IPP in Botswana.
- Acted for Akbank on the project financing of Petlim Terminal Port, Turkey.
- Acted for Siemens Bank and other commercial lenders on the Adana Hospital IPP, Turkey's first hospital PPP to reach financial close.
- Acting for Kepco on the financing of the USD30 billion 5,600MW Barakah nuclear power plant in the UAE.
- Acted for MTR Express (Sweden) on its financing of rolling stock supported by SSRV of Switzerland.
- Acted for the arrangers, Société Générale and RBS, on the USD 2.25 billion receivables-backed loan facility for BP Caspian Ltd.
- Acted for Paget Health Services Ltd on the financing of the King Edward Memorial Hospital, Bermuda's first PPP transaction.
- Acted for the arrangers (respectively ANZ, RBS, Bank of Tokyo, Mitsubishi and JBIC) on each of the first four independent power and water desalination plants in Qatar, namely Ras Laffan A, Ras Laffan B, RAF B2 and Mesaieed A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1988)
- Cambridge University (Downing College) (M.A.) (1988)
- College of Law at Guildford (Law Society Finals) (1986)
- Cambridge University (Downing College) (B.A.) (1985)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.