Angela Walitt is a partner in Baker McKenzie's North America Tax Practice Group. She advises clients on a variety of corporate and international taxation matters, particularly on transfer pricing matters. Angela speaks frequently on transfer pricing, international tax, and insurance tax issues, participating in programs sponsored by the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, Bloomberg BNA and Tax Executives Institute, among others.
Angela's practice focuses on US federal income taxation of corporations, with an emphasis on international tax planning, transfer pricing and controversies involving international tax issues. She practices primarily in the areas of transfer pricing and tax planning and works with US-based and foreign-based multinationals in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, IT, insurance and financial services. She assists clients with compliance with US and foreign transfer pricing laws and related cross-border tax issues, including assistance with Treaty-based resolutions of disputes and tax audits. Angela is also seasoned in issues relevant to the insurance industry and related party/captive insurance arrangements and with FATCA compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member, Tax Section
- District of Columbia Bar - Member, Tax Section
- Texas Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia~United States (1998)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (1997)
- Texas~United States (1996)
- University of Nottingham (LL.M.) (1996)
- University of Texas at Austin (J.D.) (1996)
- Yale University (B.A. Philosophy) (1991)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.