Gia Wakil is an associate in the Firm’s Intellectual Property & Technology practice group and is based in New York. She is also a member of the Firm's Global Consumer Goods and Retail Industry Group.
Gia's practice focuses on copyright, trademark, and right of publicity matters that arise in connection with IP transactions and IP disputes. She also advises on global brand management and enforcement matters. She works with retail and e-commerce companies to ensure compliance with state and federal law and counsels on risk management, particularly in the social media space. Gia enjoys working with clients across the consumer goods, fashion, jewelry, fitness, media and publishing, food and beverage, financial services, and technology industries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- New York~United States (2019)
- New York University School of Law (JD)
- Columbia University (BA cum laude)
- Author, A Judicial 'Supplement' to Advertising Law: The Fourth Circuit's GNC Decision and Policy Implications for the Dietary Supplement Industry, 7 N.Y.U. J. INTELL. PROP. & ENT. L. 115 (2018)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.