Paweł Wajda is an of counsel in Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office, where he advises on banking, insurance, capital markets and administrative matters.
He is a judge in the Warsaw Stock Exchange Court and is the author of over 100 academic publications on financial market regulations.
Mr. Wajda mainly advises major companies with regard to regulatory and compliance issues, including the application of Polish and EU laws. He has acted for publicly listed companies in tender offers, delistings and securities transactions, among others, and for financial institutions in portfolio transfers, asset purchases, mergers and acquisitions. He is also experienced in energy law, telecommunication law, railway and road transport law, and pharmaceutical law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised 4FunMedia on the implementation of Regulation 596/2014 (Market Abuse Regulation).
- Providing regulatory advice to ACE mainly with regard to directors and officers liability (D&O) insurance.
- Advising Admiral Markets AS Branch Office in Poland on the implementation of several regulations on investment firms, and representing the client in several administrative proceedings before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority.
- Providing regulatory advice to Aegon and AIG mainly with regard to D&O insurance.
- Advising Airbus Helicopters in relation to proceedings under the provisions of MON Decision 291.
- Advising Alpari on establishing and operating a tied agent in the territory of Poland.
- Advising Arteria with regard to the implementation of Regulation 596/2014 (Market Abuse Regulation).
- Advised Bank Zachodni WBK with regard to a tender offer.
- Advised Chatham with regard to the implementation of several regulations.
- Advising Echo on administrative proceedings.
- (Doctor Habilitus of Law) (2013)
- Warsaw School of Economics (2008)
- (Ph.D.) (2008)