Ekaterina Vypirailo is a trademark attorney in Moscow office of Baker McKenzie, registered to practice before the Russian Patent and Trademark Office. She specializes in the registration of trademarks, appellations of origin of goods and design patents, and has particular experience in the representation of clients in trademark disputes, liaising with Patent Offices throughout the CIS.
Ekaterina's practice focuses on trademark, appellations of origin of goods, and industrial design prosecution.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Clients before the Chamber for Patent Disputes in different cases in relation with the enforcement of their trademarks in the Russian Federation.
- Represented Clients before the Russian PTO on different matters: filing and prosecution of trademarks; trademark renewals; recordal of trademark amendments and assignments: industrial design prosecution.
- Represented Reed Messe Wien GmbH in a court action against Russian company seeking termination of illegal use of its trademarks in domain names. The claims of the client were granted in full, and the court prohibited use of designations confusingly similar to client's trademarks in domain names and awarded monetary compensation for infringement. The domain names were successfully transferred to client's account.
- Consulted and represented the world’s leading premium drinks producer interests in the Chamber for Patent Disputes, in a large-scale litigation campaign aimed at protection of its rights to use the trademarks in Russia.
- Advised major Western and multi-national companies on trademark rights protection and enforcement in Russia and other CIS countries.
- Represented the interests of a large Russian IT company in the field of juridical defense and protection of trademark rights in Russia, CIS countries and other countries.
- Represented the interests of a large Russian cosmetics and home care company in the field of juridical defense and protection of trademark rights in Russia, CIS countries and other countries.
- Coordinated the process of trademark infringement actions in various countries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Russian Patent Attorneys - Member
- Russia (2005)
- Russian State Institute of Intellectual Property (2005)
- Moscow State Mining University (1998)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.