Khushaal has advised clients across a number of legal fields on both domestic and international matters, with experience in dispute resolution, technology, construction and property law.
He has been an Australia Day Ambassador since 2018 and was on the selection committee for the Australia Day Honours for 2021. Khushaal is also a portfolio manager with the Diverse Women in Law organisation and has also been heavily involved in Baker McKenzie's pro bono, community service and regional outreach programs.
Khushaal also regularly publishes articles on contemporary legal issues in the dispute resolution and property law space.
- Assisted a multinational technology corporation with construction advice and drafting of Asia Pacific-wide construction contracts.
- Preparation of advice and submissions for expert determination proceedings involving international engineering corporations on a large infrastructure project.
- Assisted with advising and drafting submissions for the directors of an energy and resources corporation in relation to insolvency proceedings.
- Assisted with advising clients in the movie content industry in site blocking applications under the Copyright Act in Australia.
- Advised an investment fund on objecting to the public disclosure of sensitive documents due to requests made under Freedom of Information legislation.
- Advised multiple multinational clients on advertising and product compliance with Australian consumer and competition law.
- Assisted an international client with responses to an Australian Royal Commission proceeding.
- Advised and drafted settlement terms in resolution of cross-border disputes between two large technology companies.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of New South Wales
Diverse Women in Law
- High Court of Australia (2021)
- New South Wales (2020)
- University of New South Wales (LL.B. (Arts/Law)(Hons with Distinction)) (2019)
Alex Hartmann and Khushaal Vyas, "Possible Implications of Reverse Factoring in Construction Contracts," Australia Construction Law Newsletter 191.
Co-author, "Land acquisition: Are future intended uses of land compensable?" 2017 Law Council of Australia, Issue 3.
Co-author, "Do Aboriginal objects contribute to a defect in land title?" 2017 Law Council of Australia, Issue 3.
Firm Committee Memberships
Baker Indigenous Engagement