Minh Ha specializes in providing the regulatory advice, tender advice and compliance advice in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry, with particular focus on drugs, medical devices, biological products, etc. She leads the product registration team in Vietnam, specializing in the registration of drugs, health supplements, food and beverage, cosmetics and medical devices.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Minh Ha worked as a legal counsel for a French pharmaceutical group in Vietnam.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and assisting several leading multinational pharmaceutical companies in wide-ranging corporate and commercial regulatory matters, including sales and distribution agreements and contracts, marketing activities under representative offices, medical device classification and importation, clinical trials and compliance and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Advising various clients on regulatory procedures and compliance related to drug promotion, rep office activities, import and distribution structure, interaction with healthcare professionals, drug donations and strategy for setting up a new legal entity in Vietnam.
- Providing various regulatory and compliances advices related to interaction with the HCP and healthcare organizations such as providing non-drug information to the HCP, detailing activities of the Med Rep, organizing the drug and non-drug information for the HCP, corporate sponsorships, grant supporting research, independent medical education, patient support program.
- Advised and assisted EuroCham Pharmaceutical Group in developing first industry level code of conduct for MNCs in Vietnam.
- Advised on the establishment and operation of an in vitro fertilization center, the model of business cooperation contract (BCC) and a private public partnership (PPP).
- Advised clients regarding the clinic leasing model to physician(s) as a place of their work.
- Advised the client regarding the establishment of a dialysis center.
- Assisted healthcare industry clients in setting up representative offices and legal entities in Vietnam.
- Assisted and advised a multinational pharma company on drug registration, drug price declaration, drug tender, operation of rep office, import and distribution structure, corporate restructuring, licensing and company and operations establishment.
- Assisted and advised Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., a Canadian-based pharmaceutical company, on its share subscription, via a private placement, of a 65% stake in Vietnam-based Euvipharm Pharmaceutical Joint-Stock Company. Valeant completed the acquisition in late July with a subscription price of more than USD 20 million.
- Vietnam (2014)
- Hanoi Law University (LLB) (2008)
- Hanoi Open University (Bachelor in English) (1997)
- Teacher's College in Hanoi (Bachelor in French) (1994)
- Contributor, "Clinical Trials Global Handbook", Baker McKenzie, 2018
- Contributor, "Promoting Medical Products Globally", Baker McKenzie, 2012
- Contributor, ASEAN Pharmaceutical Harmonization Guide