Saskia is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Energy, Mining and Infrastructure team, based in London.
Saskia has undertaken a 6 month secondment to Standard Chartered Bank, London, working as part of the in-house legal team, where she advised on commercial issues and banking documents, in particular related to the syndicated loans market. She has also spent time in Baker McKenzie's Tokyo office, working on a range of corporate and financing matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Suez, Itochu and Marguerite Fund on the €300 million project financing of the City of Belgrade Waste to Energy PPP project by the EBRD, the IFC and OeEB
- Acted for Swicorp and Acciona Energia in connection with the project financings by IFC and AIIB of three photovoltaic power plants in Benban, Egypt, totalling 150 MW, as part of the Round 2 of Egypt's FiT Solar Programme
- Advised Taqa Arabia for Solar Energy on the financing by IFC of a 50 MW solar PV project under Round 2 of the Egyptian FiT programme
- Acted for Bayerische Landesbank and Arab African International Bank in connection with a Hermes-covered project financing in respect of the development and financing of the Infinity 50 solar project in Egypt
- Advised Equinix Inc on the construction and development management aspects of its USD 1 billion joint venture with GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, in relation to the development and operation of Hyperscale data centres in Europe
- Advised Equinix Inc on the construction and development management aspects of its greater than USD 1 billion joint venture with GIC to develop and operate hyperscale data centres in Japan
- Advising Shell's New Energies division on its agreements to acquire 100% of sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households
- England & Wales (2018)
- BPP Law School, London Holborn (Legal Practice Course) (2016)
- University of Law (Post Graduate Diploma in Law) (2015)
- University of Cambridge (BA (hons.) in Archaeology and Anthropology) (2013)