Sergei Voitishkin is the Firm’s CIS managing partner, as well as head of the Corporate and M&A practice group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate law matters. Sergei has advised major multinational and Russian clients on structuring acquisitions and corporate reorganizations in various industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, the chemical and metals industries, FMCG and the banking sector.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the world's largest seed producers in the acquisition of a Russian business and its integration.
- Advised Hitachi on its USD 11 billion acquisition of Swiss engineering group ABB; the largest acquisition by Hitachi to date and the largest ever acquisition by a Japanese industrial company.
- Acted as corporate counsel to an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate, on the restructuring of its mass media in Russia.
- Advised Walgreens Boots Alliance, the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise, in connection with the sale of its Russian pharmaceutical wholesale business.
- Advised Yamal Development LLC, a 50/50 joint venture between Novatek and Gazprom Neft, on a USD 2.94 billion acquisition of a 60% equity stake in Artic Russia from Eni.
- Advised Carlsberg on consolidating 100% of the shares in Baltika Breweries, the largest brewery in Russia and Eastern Europe, including a public offer to buy a 15.45% stake for approx. USD 1.2 billion from minority shareholders and subsequent squeeze-out of the remaining shareholders.
- Advised Siemens on a EUR 2 billion contract for the delivery of Desiro RUS type regional trains to Russian Railways.
- Advised the shareholders of Novatek, Russia’s largest independent gas producer, on the sale of a 12% stake to Total as part of a strategic partnership.
- Advised KBC Group on its acquisition of Absolut Bank in a deal valued USD 1 billion.
- Advised British American Tobacco on structuring the buy-out of minority shareholders, squeeze-out and successful defense against corporate blackmail by a major Russian group.
- Eminent Practitioner, Chambers Europe 2017-2021
- Highly regarded, IFLR1000 2018-2021
- Best Lawyers 2020
- Russia (1998)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (1997)
- Moscow State Institute of Foreign Languages (1988)
Co-author, "Corporate Rules Eased During Coronavirus Crisis," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, April 2020
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.