Sergei Voitishkin is the managing partner of the Firm’s CIS offices and head of the CIS Corporate & M&A Practice Group. Recommended by Chambers, Legal 500 and PLC Which lawyer?, he is experienced in corporate and commercial law matters. In recent years, he has served as lead lawyer on a number of high-profile mergers and acquisitions in Russia.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Alliance Oil Company on the establishment of a joint venture with Repsol Exploración for exploration and production in Russia, with a total asset base of approximately USD840 million, with Alliance and Repsol holding a 51 percent and a 49 percent stake, respectively.
- Advised Rusnano in connection with several investment projects in the nanotechnologies industry, including a USD760 million investment agreement with Domain Associates, a US venture capital firm specializing in leading-edge life sciences technologies.
- Advised Siemens in connection with a EUR2 billion contract for the delivery of Desiro RUS type regional trains to Russian Railways.
- Advised the shareholders of Novatek, Russia’s largest independent gas producer, on the sale of a 12 percent stake to Total as part of a strategic partnership.
- Advised Dalkia International in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with Quadra (formerly Territorial Generating Company No. 4) to manage and operate district heating facilities in Russia.
- Advised EDF on the potential acquisition of shares in OGK-1 and Inter RAO.
- Russia (1998)
- Moscow State University (Law Degree) (1997)
- Moscow State Institute of Foreign Languages (1988)