Roman Vlasov is an associate of the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. Prior to joining the Firm in 2021, Roman Vlasov worked as an associate of IP/IT practices with leading Russian law firms, as well as data privacy stream leader in Sber.
Roman focuses in his practice on information technologies, privacy and data protection, as well as on various IP aspects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Kaspersky in a transaction to acquire Brain4Net, a company that develops solutions and services to help enterprises and service providers adapt modern technologies, such as Software-Defined Wide-Area Network (SD-WAN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), with existing network infrastructure;
- Conducted audit of personal data procedures of the Russian subsidiaries of international companies and made personal data processing compliant with the Russian legislation and GDPR.
- Advised an international clothing manufacturer regarding the Russian legislation on personal data, including compliance with the requirements for the personal data localization, drafting internal regulatory documents, as well as documents for the website.
- Advised the clients on the use of Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica and the risks associated with the personal data processing.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company on the processing of personal data when introducing a new drug to the market.
- Supported a number of international conferences on artificial intelligence and data analysis on personal data processing aspects.
- Participated in litigation on trademark infringement representing a Russian dietary supplements manufacturer with award of large compensation in favor of the client and recovery of legal costs.
- Represented the German shopping centers chain in litigation on utility model infringement with conclusion the settlement agreement on favorable terms for the client.
- Consulted the Finnish building materials manufacturer on the protection of exclusive rights to the trademarks and industrial designs.
- Consulted a group of cosmetic companies on the registration of trademarks in various jurisdictions worldwide.
- Russian State University of Justice (2018)
- Russian Law Academy of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation (Specialist Diploma with honours) (2015)
Roman regularly participated as a speaker on specialized events on personal data and privacy. In addition, Roman is the author of a number of articles on both personal data and various IP aspects.
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.