Johan Visser joined Baker McKenzie Amsterdam as an associate in 2012. As a tax adviser with the Firm's indirect tax practice, he is experienced in advising businesses on supply chain opportunities, acquisition and restructuring projects, VAT optimization projects, VAT issues related to holding company and due diligence projects. Johan has worked in numerous projects for major Dutch and foreign companies. He also lectured on VAT and real estate transfer tax at the vocational training centre for Dutch real estate brokers. Currently, he delivers several webinars on holding company issues for LawInContext.
Johan's practice is focused on indirect tax and real estate transfer tax. His experience includes working with small and medium enterprises, professional sports organizations and athletes, and public and semi-public entities like healthcare and educational institutions. Johan is one of the few tax advisers in the European Union to advise professional football clubs on a broad scale.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several M&A projects between leading companies in the pharmaceuticals, information technology and insurance sectors.
- Assisted in the implementation of VAT-efficient (supply chain) structures for various types of companies.
- Advising holding companies, investment funds, real estate companies, investors, financial institutions and internet companies on VAT issues.
- Advising professional football clubs on contracting and transferring of soccer players, structuring and restructuring of IP rights, optimizing sponsor deals, securitizing various income flows, and building construction matters of stadiums.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Amsterdam Tax Law~Netherlands (2012)
- University of Groningen