Jesus Daniel Villegas Gutierrez is a junior associate in the Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Bogota office. Prior to joining the Firm, Jesus worked as counsel for the office of the Minister of Transportation of Colombia, where he was involved in various regulatory issues related to toll road concessions, harbors and airports infrastructure, and tax incentives for the transportation industry, among others.
Jesus has represented national and international clients and corporations in judicial proceedings before Colombian civil law and bankruptcy courts, arbitration tribunals conducted under the rules of arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and national arbitral tribunals.
Jesus was member and coach the Externado University's team on various international investment arbitration moot court competitions.
- Admission Scholarship, Externado University (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colombian Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (COLVYAP)
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA)
- Colombia (2018)
- Universidad de los Andes (Specialist Degree in Financial Regulation) (2020)
- Externado University of Colombia (Law Degree) (2017)
- Author, "Bitcoin, ¿vigilar o castigar?", Blog de Derecho de los Negocios, July, 2017