Holly Veverka is a general associate in the Employment team at Baker McKenzie, Sydney. Holly joined the Firm through our summer clerk program in 2010 and commenced as an associate in March 2013. Holly's practice focuses on general employment litigation and advisory, including workplace health and safety.
Holly has helped clients with a variety of general employment litigation matters such as contractual disputes and workplace actions including adverse actions and unfair dismissal claims. Holly acts for clients in matters involving workplace health and safety laws, including advising clients on best workplace practices and representing clients in actions brought by regulatory bodies. Holly has also worked on a number of transactional matters involving advising clients on employee liabilities as part of share has also undertaken a three-month secondment at the Fair Work Ombudsman.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in acting for a global waste services company with respect to a coronial inquiry in the New South Wales Coronial Court and advising on infringement noticed regarding breaches of workplace health and safety provisions.
- Assisted in acting for global consumer goods company Ltd in its application to obtain freezing orders against a former employee following a misappropriate of funds.
- Acted for an ASX-listed engineering company in a range of matters including coordinating interviews and preparing a report on complaints made to human resources, acting for the employer in claims of unfair dismissal and adverse actions; and provided advice on various employment related issues on an ad hoc basis.
- Acted for an employer in proceedings in the County Court of Victoria regarding a contractual dispute with a former employee in relation to reasonable notice periods.
- New South Wales~Australia (2012)
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2012)
- Macquarie University (LL.B. Honours) (2012)
- College of Law at Sydney (Practical Legal Training in Law) (2012)
- Macquarie University (Bachelor of Arts) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.