Samuel Verschraegen is an associate at the European & Competition Law Practice in the Baker McKenzie Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2021.
Before joining the Brussels Bar in 2018, Samuel spent three years as an academic assistant at the College of Europe in Bruges, where he developed a keen interest for European energy law and policy.
In addition to his professional activities, he is a scientific collaborator at the Catholic University of Louvain and gives yearly courses on energy law at the University of Strasbourg.
Samuel’s practice focuses essentially on EU energy law.
He advises and defends clients on issues related to the regulation of the electricity and gas markets, support schemes for green electricity production and nuclear regulation.
He is also experienced in the drafting of energy contracts and in energy-related litigation proceedings.
- Brussels~Belgium (2018)
- College of Europe (Master in European Political and Administrative Studies) (2015)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Master's Degree in Public Law (Specialisation in EU law)) (2014)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles (Bachelor of Laws) (2012)
- Co-author, Support for biomethane injection in Wallonia, Fieldfisher, 14 January 2021
- Co-author, New forms of energy sharing and the implementation of energy communities in Wallonia, Fieldfisher, 20 October 2020