Helena Verbeek is a senior associate in the Real Estate and Construction Practice Group in the Brussels office. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2019.
Helena advises Belgian and foreign clients on all aspects of real estate law. She has experience in property development, leasing and real estate transactions in general. In this respect, she draws up all types of real estate contracts and delivers pragmatic advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised German real estate company on the acquisition of holiday parks portfolio in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands;
- Advised UK investor on the acquisition of a logistics centre in Hoogstraten;
- Advised American multinational corporation on the acquisition of an industrial plot of land in Verviers;
- Advised in several lease transactions, including extensive refurbishment/redevelopment works involved, with respect to offices, retail and logistic centres.
- Brussels~Belgium (2015)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Young Professionals in Real Estate Program - interactive and multidisciplinary real estate course) (2017)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Institut d'Etudes Européennes (Master in Notarial Law) (2015)
- Ghent University (Law Degree) (2014)
- Universidad de Valencia (Exchange program) (2012)
- Co-author, "Lot van de werken uitgevoerd door de huurder aan het gehuurde onroerend goed tijdens de huur of op het einde van de huur", Contractuele clausules, Huur, Antwerpen, Intersentia, 2017