Wibren Veldhuizen is a partner and heads the Asia Desk in Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office. He practices in Dutch and international tax law, including domestic and cross-border corporate law aspects. His clients consist primarily of European and Asian multinationals. He has published multiple articles in Dutch and international tax literature and is frequently invited as a speaker at seminars and conferences on the tax aspects related to cross-border transactions and financing and holding structures.
Wibren focuses on Dutch and international tax law, with particular emphasis on international operational and financial (re)structuring of multinationals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on joint venture between two multinational mining companies (pre- and post-closing) and subsequent listing.
- Advised and implemented the global reorganization of a large company, centralizing functions and risks in Switzerland (toll manufacturing).
- Advised and set-up several global commissionaire structures for multinationals.
- Design and implementation of supply chain restructuring of the European business of a large Japanese multinational.
- Advised on multiple corporate and tax structures, such as acquisition financing structures, holding / investment structures and post-acquisition integration restructurings for various multinationals and investment companies from European jurisdictions, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan.
- Advised on multiple M&A deals, both from a corporate contracts and tax structuring perspective.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2003)
- University of Leiden (2002)