Wibren Veldhuizen is a partner and heads the Asia Desk in Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office. He practices in Dutch and international tax law, including domestic and cross-border corporate law aspects. His clients consist primarily of European and Asian multinationals. He published multiple articles in Dutch and international tax literature and is frequently invited as a speaker at seminars and conferences on cross-border reorganizations, tax planning and tax litigation.
Wibren focuses on Dutch and international tax law, with particular emphasis on international operational and financial (re)structuring of multinationals.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on joint venture between two multinational mining companies (pre- and post-closing) and subsequent listing.
- Advised and implemented the global reorganization of a large multinational, centralizing functions and risks in Switzerland (toll manufacturing).
- Litigated the first ever Dutch transfer pricing case on a large business restructuring, successfully defending the relevant exit fee and cost-plus remuneration post-closing.
- Design and implementation of supply chain restructuring of the European business of a large Japanese multinational.
- Design and implementation of IP on-shoring restructuring of a large US multinational, including relevant tax rulings.
- Advised on multiple corporate and tax restructurings, such as acquisition financing, hybrid and convertible loan structures, investment structures and post-acquisition integration restructurings for various multinationals from European jurisdictions, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan.
- Advised on multiple M&A deals, both from a corporate contracts and tax structuring perspective.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2003)
- University of Leiden (2002)