Anne M. (Maggie) Vaughan is counsel in Baker McKenzie's North America International Commercial practice. She brings nearly 20 years of experience with franchising and corporate transactional matters.
Ms. Vaughan’s practice focuses on corporate and franchise matters in the lodging and hospitality industry. She has been lead lawyer on a variety of franchise transactions, including franchisee restructuring, acquisition and sale of franchises, and franchisee financing. Additionally, she assists clients from early stage to public companies with transactions including M&A, equity and debt financings, venture capital transactions, and general corporate representation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents one of the world's largest hotel franchisors in its licensing and restructuring work.
- Represented an equity sponsor in connection with its acquisition of a public hardware company in a going-private transaction, including secured and unsecured loan facilities and formation of and venture financing for a spin-off subsidiary.
- Represented institutional investors with junior and senior subordinated term loans to finance the acquisition of an apparel company, coupled with warrants to purchase capital stock of the acquiring company.
- Represented an institutional investor with a subordinated term loan to finance its acquisition of a fulfillment and distribution services company.
- Represented an institutional investor with a senior subordinated term loan to refinance a provider of technology solutions to healthcare related entities.
- Represented an institutional investor with a secured term loan to refinance a provider of predicative analytic software solutions that enable organizations to identify strategically important cause-and-effect relationships within company data.
- Represented a company in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical wholesaler and distributor.
- Represented an Australian manufacturer of assays in a United States-based acquisition.
- Represented schools, colleges and other nonprofits in tax-exempt variable rate bond financing.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia - Member
- Virginia State Bar - Member
- Virginia~United States (2001)
- District of Columbia~United States (2001)
- Louisiana (inactive)~United States (1997)
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.) (1996)
- Harvard University (A.B. English and American Literature and Languages) (1990)