Sheilah has an extensive experience in arbitration and award annulment proceedings, providing advice to diverse companies from the mining sector, the electricity sector, construction sector and services and consulting sectors. Moreover, she has provided advice in civil, commercial and administrative judicial process to diverse companies. In addition to her experience in arbitration matters, she functions as an individual arbitrator.
The last year, 2017, she has recognized as a leading lawyer in the dispute resolution area in the Peru, by the magazine Legal 500.
Representative Legal Matters
Advise in local and international arbitration to diverse companies from the construction, mining, electricity, hydrocarbon and telecom sectors regarding civil and commercial matters.
Participated in the defense of the validity of arbitration awards in proceedings of annulment used by companies related the mining, electricity and telecommunications sector. She has provided advice to a foreign company in the annulment proceedings of an arbitration award, successfully annulling the award.
Participated in the defense on judicial process to different companies, regarding civil, commercial and administrative matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the Arbitration's payrolls of:
- Analysis and Resolution of Disputes Center of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (January 2018 to the present time)
- National and International Arbitration Center in the Lima Chamber of Commerce (2011 to the present time).
- Lima Bar Association, 2002.
- Peru (2002)
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (Post Graduate Certification in Construction Law) (2010)
- Cambridge International Consulting (Negotiation Workshop) (2010)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Postgraduate in Law of Constitutional Proceedings) (2006)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2001)
Some notes regarding the disruption of the extinctive prescription. Analysis the case law of Suprem Court " In: The Prescription, Expiry and other exceptions. Lima: Instituto Pacífico, 2018.
Participated in the collective work "Civil Proceedings Code commented by the 100 best specialist", Articles 688 a 692-A (Execution Procedures). Arequipa: Editorial Adrus S.R.L. September 2017.
¿Is it possible to query la validity of legal act in a execution public deed judicial process? Regarding to IX Pleno Casatorio". In: Magazine Actualidad Civil. No. 27. September 2016.
Intervention of third parties in the administrative judicial process", Revista del Circulo de Derecho Administrativo. July 2012.
Participated in the collective work "Civil Proceedings Code commented by the 100 best specialists", Articles 459-464 (Rebellion). Arequipa: Editorial Adrus S.R.L. January 2012.
Defenses of Unnamed Form and Exceptions", Revista Actualidad Juridica. Volume 196. Lima: Gaceta Juridica, March 2010.