Waranon Vanichprapa joined Baker McKenzie in August 2015. He is recognized as a leading lawyer in Thailand in the areas of banking and finance and projects. He acts for leading financial institutions and multinational corporations on their most complex structured financing and restructuring transactions.
Mr. Vanichprapa focuses on bank lending which includes cross-border financing, structured finance, interbank lending, export credit financing, and projects and debt restructuring. He has also worked on various banking and financing regulatory matters including bankruptcy and commercial law issues. Having worked in the leading financing centers of London, Hong Kong, and Singapore, Mr. Vanichprapa frequently advises on foreign clients coming to Thailand and local clients going aboard.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Bank of Ayudhya (BAY) PCL on its USD85 million two-step loan structure and first risk sharing agreement entered into with JBIC with a Japanese law element.
- Advised Huay Ho Power Co., Ltd., a hydro power company in Lao PDR, on its refinancing of USD84 million with new international lenders and existing Thai lenders, and led the team on financing and escrow documentation.
- Advised International Finance Corporation on its risk sharing agreement and loan of USD85 million given to TMB Bank PCL for the purpose of increasing TMB’s loans to SMEs in Thailand.
- Advised three Japanese banks based in Singapore and two Thai banks on their USD200 million cogeneration power financing sponsored by Electricity Generating PCL; led the team of six lawyers on due diligence, term sheet and financing documentation.
- Advised Krung Thai Bank PCL on its USD225 million and The Siam Commercial Bank PCL on its USD163 million secured working capital facilities to True Corporation PCL.
- Advised Bank of Ayudhya PCL, TISCO, ING, and LBBW on their EUR200 million export credit financing to TPI Polene PCL.
- Advised Bangkok Bank and The Siam Commercial Bank on the USD114 million Management buyout of facilities to Bangkok Ranch PCL.
- Advised Advanced Info Service PCL, the largest telecommunication service provider in Thailand, on its USD210 million export credit financing provided by KfW and Nordic Investment Bank.
- Advised The Siam Commercial Bank PCL on its secured USD540 million facility agreement to True Corporation PCL for the purpose of acquiring units offered by the telecom infrastructure fund.
- Advised CIMB Thai Bank PCL and CIMB Bank Bhd., Labuan Offshore Branch on their structured facility agreement of EUR200 million to Thai Airways International PCL.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2005)
- University of Bristol (LL.M. Commercial Law) (2005)
- Thammasat University (LL.B. Second Class Honors) (1997)