Quentin Vander Schueren is a member of Baker McKenzie's International Commercial Practice Group in Toronto. His practice focuses primarily on customs law, import-export compliance, and trade remedies. Quentin currently serves as Vice-Chair of the International Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association. He is also a member of Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters and the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB), among others.
Quentin advises clients on Canadian and international trade law matters, including Canadian customs, trade remedies, import-export compliance, controlled goods and technology, Canadian trade sanctions, free trade agreements (NAFTA, CPTPP, CETA, etc.) product regulations, and other issues impacting the cross-border movement of goods. Quentin helps international and domestic clients design optimal strategies for cross-border trade through duties relief, tariff classification, value for duty assessments, advance rulings, rules of origin and tariff preferences.
Quentin also represents clients in trade compliance verifications or audits by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), as well as trade remedy inquiries and customs appeal proceedings before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association - Vice Chair, International Law Section
- Ontario Bar Association - CPD Liaison, International Law Section (2017-2018)
- Canadian bar Association - National Commodity Tax, Customs and Trade Section
- Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB)
- Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario~Canada (2014)
- University of Ottawa (JD) (2013)
- Concordia University (BComm) (2009)