Hélène Van Steenberge is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group of the Brussels office. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2012.
Hélène advises Belgian and foreign clients on a broad range of financing transactions. She focuses on acquisition financing, project finance, property financing, syndicated lending, general financing operations and security interests.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised KBC Bank NV in a EUR 52 million facilities agreement for PMF.
- Advised ING Belgium and KBC Bank as arrangers of the EUR 141 million senior financing of the leveraged buy-out of Euronext-listed Xeikon by Bencis Capital Partners.
- Acted for Guggenheim on a USD 155 million diamond inventory securitisation for the Diarough group.
- Advised KBC and BNP Paribas Fortis as arrangers of the refinancing of the Médiacité shopping center in Liège, Belgium in the context of the acquisition of the shopping center by CBRE Global Investors. This was the largest retail real estate transaction in Belgium in 2016.
- Advising KBC Bank, ING Belgium, BNP Paribas Fortis and Commerzbank in connection with the sale of the Aviapartner group by 3i to HIG.
- Advised Samsonite on the Belgian law aspects of the issuance of EUR 350 million 3.5% senior notes due 2026 alongside with the amendment and restatement of a USD 2.143 billion senior credit facilities agreement.
- Advised KBC Bank NV, ING Belgium SA/NV and Belfius Bank SA/NV in connection with (a) the financing of the acquisition of the shares in Cegeka Groep NV by Cegeka Holding NV (a new company incorporated by, among others, Gimv and management) and (b) the refinancing of certain indebtedness of the Cegeka group.
- Advised BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV and KBC Bank NV as arrangers in connection with the refinancing of Shopping Rive Gauche SA and Résidence Rive Gauche SA, following the entry of CBRE European Shopping Centre Fund II and CBRE Global Investment Partners Global Alpha Fund in the equity of these companies.
- Advised Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, Crédit Lyonnais, ING Belgium, KBC Bank and La Banque Postale as arrangers and lenders in connection with a financing package for roofing and façade materials distributor Fedrus International and certain of its subsidiaries, mainly for the purposes of financing the acquisition of VMZINC and Defrancq France SAS.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- European Association of Banking and Finance Lawyers - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2012)
- Vlerick Management School (Master in Financial Management magna cum laude) (2012)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree) (2011)
- Northwestern University School of Law (Exchange Student) (2011)