Gooike van Slooten joined the Amsterdam office of Baker McKenzie as a tax adviser in April 2006. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked in the Rotterdam office of PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Gooike focuses his practice on customs, excises and VAT on imports.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on the Van der Kooy, Liberexim, Driesen/Timmermans, DFDS and Compaq cases before the European Court of Justice.
- Advised on numerous cases before the Dutch High Court (Hoge Raad) and lower national courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association for Administrative Law (Vereniging voor Bestuurrecht - VAR)
- Dutch Jurist Association (Nederlandse Juristen Vereniging)
- Amsterdam Tax Law~Netherlands (2006)
- Leiden University (1995)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.