Sharon van Norden is a senior associate in the Litigation & Arbitration Department of Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Amsterdam. In 2016, Sharon worked with the Disputes team in the London office. She is also a member of the Global Health Care Industry Group.
Sharon advises and represents multinational corporate clients on cross-border commercial disputes, insurance law, product liability and safety law including recalls, with a special focus on healthcare. Her practice also covers commercial litigation and arbitration, product safety, product recall, and personal injury.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and representing several corporate clients about liability for personal injury, asbestos claims, employer's liability and liability for the faults of subordinates.
- Advising and representing several corporate clients in disputes about distribution agreements, in particular termination of contract.
- Advising several manufacturers of medical devices on product liability claims and product safety measures including recalls.
- Advising and assisting a global insurance company on drafting policy conditions for new policies.
- Representing international insurance companies in court and before the Financial Services Complaints Board regarding policy disputes.
- Representing corporate clients regarding disclosure of documents.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten) - Member
- Young Insurance Network Group - Member
- Dutch Bar Association (Nederlanse Orde van Advocaten) (2011)
- Grotius Academy (Post Graduate Corporate Liability Law) (2016)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Master's degree in civil law) (2010)