Gijs van Mansfeld is an associate in the IP/IT & Commercial Practice Group of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam.
Gijs has in-depth knowledge on various aspects of law and technology, most notably data protection, IP/IT contracting and IP infringement matters. He graduated in 2016 at the VU University Amsterdam with a degree focusing on copyright infringement on the Internet.
Representative Legal Matters
- Secondment with the global data protection division of the largest bank in the Netherlands.
- Secondment with the global legal IT division of a global courier delivery services company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Data Protection (VPR) – Member
- Dutch Copyright Association (VvA) – Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2016)
- VU University Amsterdam (Copyright Infringement on the Internet) (2016)
- Author, "Dutch Data Protection Authority Order Against Whatsapp Upheld," Leading Internet Case Law, February 2017.
- Author, "Het vervolg op Bestwater. ‘Nieuw publiek’ bij openbaarmaking uit ongeoorloofde bron," Tijdschrift voor Computerrecht, July 2016.