Gijs van Mansfeld is an associate in the IP/IT & Commercial Practice Group of Baker McKenzie, Amsterdam.
Gijs has in-depth knowledge on various aspects of law and technology, most notably data protection, IP/IT contracting and IP infringement matters. He graduated in 2016 at the VU University Amsterdam on copyright infringement on the internet.
Since joining Baker McKenzie in November 2016, he further focused on the field of data protection and IP/IT contracting.
Representative Legal Matters
- Secondment with the global data protection division of the largest bank in the Netherlands.
- Secondment with the global Legal IT division of a global courier delivery services company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Data Protection (VPR) - Member
- Dutch Copyright Association (VvA) - Member
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2016)
- VU University Amsterdam (Copyright Infringement on the Internet) (2016)
- Author, "Dutch Data Protection Authority order against Whatsapp upheld," Leading Internet Case Law, February 2017
- Author, "Het vervolg op Bestwater. ‘Nieuw publiek’ bij openbaarmaking uit ongeoorloofde bron," Tijdschrift voor Computerrecht, July 2016