Martine assists companies, including many in the healthcare industry, in M&A transactions and advises on regulatory matters in this context. She spent six months at a global medical devices company for a client secondment. Her clients include foreign and domestic corporations, private equity firms and venture capital investors.
She leads the Amsterdam Healthcare Industry Group and provides training on industry related topics on a regular basis. She is a frequent participant of conferences in the life sciences sector.
Martine is qualified as a lawyer in the Netherlands (2009) and England and Wales (2015).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Eurazeo Capital on the acquisition of DORC Group
- Acting for Ergon Capital Partners in connection with its acquisitions of Keesing and TMC Group
- Acting for Regeneron in connection with its acquisition of a minority stake in Merus.
- Acting for Novo Nordisk in connection with its option to acquire Staten Biotechnology.
- Acting for Stryker in various corporate matters.
- Acting for Regeneron in connection with its acquisition of a minority stake in ISA Pharmaceuticals.
- Acting for Becton, Dickinson and Company in connection with its acquisition of Kiestra Lab Automation.
- Acting for Fresenius Medical Care in connection with its acquisition of RKZ Dialysecentrum.
- Acting for Global Buyout Fund in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Biçakcilar Tibbi Cihazlar.
- Acting for Boston Scientific in connection with its acquisition of the interventional radiology business of CeloNova BioSciences.
- Acting for Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum in connection with setting up an incubator platform for the development of new medicines and medical devices.
- Acting for several clients (e.g., CSL, Abbott and Baxalta) on regulatory matters following various acquistitions.
- Nominee, Best Young Talent M&A Awards, Dutch M&A Community, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2015)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2009)
- Kaplan, London (Solicitor) (2014)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.M.) (2008)
- University of Sydney (2007)
- LUISS (Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali) Guido Carli University in Rome (LL.B.) (2006)