Martine van de Laar
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V.
Martine van de Laar is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Europe Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, Europe Securities Practice Group and Global Healthcare Industry Group. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2008 and has worked for the Firm ever since. While completing her master of law degree, Martine was awarded Baker McKenzie's international clerkship and spent six weeks working in the Sydney office. In 2014 she worked in the Private Equity and Funds Team in the London Office. Martine is qualified as a lawyer in the Netherlands (2009) and England and Wales (2015).
Martine's practice is focused on public and private M&A and equity capital markets. She is experienced in cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs and controlled auctions and has developed industry specific knowledge on pharma and healthcare. Her clients include foreign and domestic corporations, private equity houses and financial institutions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Blokker Holding on the sale of Intertoys to Alteri Investors.
- Advised Daimler AG on acquisition Athlon Car Lease International B.V.
- Acting for Becton, Dickinson and Company in the acquisition of KIESTRA Lab Automation B.V.
- Acting for Global Buyout Fund in connection with the acquisition of 80 percent share interest in Bıçakcılar Tıbbi Cihazlar A.Ş.
- Acting for Nordic Capital in connection with its acquisition of ABB Full Service from the ABB Group.
- Acting for Ingram Micro in connection with its acquisition of Anovo.
- Acting for Yamal Development in connection with its acquisition of 60 percent share interest in Artic Russia.
- Acting for LKQ Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Sator.
- Acting for Intrum Justitia AB in connection with its acquisition of Buckaroo B.V.
- Acting for Datwyler Holding AG in connection with its acquisition of the Nedis Group and as counsel for general corporate law advice.
- Nominee, Best Young Talent M&A Awards 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2015)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2009)
- Kaplan, London (Solicitor) (2014)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LL.M.) (2008)
- University of Sydney (2007)
- LUISS (Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali) Guido Carli University in Rome (LL.B.) (2006)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.