Vivien Vacha is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Berlin office and member of the Energy & Infrastructure team.
Prior to joining the Firm, Vivien practiced in another international law firm's Banking & Finance department from 2015 to 2018, advising clients in energy and infrastructure related finance transactions. From 2009 to 2015, besides her legal studies and her legal clerkship, she worked as a research assistant for another international law firm's M&A/corporate department with a focus on energy and infrastructure law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Shell's New Energies division on corporate matters in connection with its acquisition of sonnen, a leader in smart energy storage systems and innovative energy services for households.
- Advised specialty chemicals group Evonik on the sale of its methacrylates business to financial investor Advent International.
- Advised a Japanese energy company on corporate matters in connection with its planned investment in an offshore windfarm in Germany.
- Advised one of the largest wind turbine manufacturers worldwide with respect to a joint venture with a wind farm developer and implementation of the JV entities in a number of jurisdictions.
- Advised investors on the proposed acquisition of the fiber network operators inexio group and GVG Glasfaser GmbH.
Prior to joining the Firm, Vivien handled, amongst others, the following matters:
Advised different consortiums of banks as lenders, amongst others on the EUR 988m financing of the Deutsche Bucht 252 MW offshore wind farm project, on the up to 723m financing of Trianel’s Borkum II wind farm project or on the financing of an onshore wind farm project in Argentina as well as various clients in connection with the sale or purchase of solar and onshore wind projects in particular on financing issues, e.g., change of control, restructuring and early repayment.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Bar Association - Member
- Juristische Gesellschaft zu Berlin - Member
- Women of Wind Energy Germany (Women of Wind Energy Deutschland e.V.) - Member
- Germany (2014)
- Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Second State Exam) (2014)
- Free University of Berlin (First State Exam) (2011)
Author, "Rechtsgebiete in Wirtschaftskanzleien - Energierecht" Chapter, in e-fellows, Perspektiven für Juristen, August 2018
Co-author (with Kai Uwe Pritzsche), "Energierecht - Einführung und Grundlagen," Verlag H.C. Beck, 420 pages, February 2017