Kammalard first joined the Firm in February 2006. He rejoined in 2015 and became a partner in 2018. Kammalard’s experience has extended to providing legal advice to a large number of local and multinational companies, particularly in the areas of capital markets and mergers & acquisition.
Kammalard has been involved in numerous domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions relating to the sale and acquisition of both private and public limited companies. His role in these transactions included leading the team in the preparation and negotiation of transaction documents, transaction structuring, as well as in the coordination and conduct of legal due diligence investigations. He has also played an active role in dealing and liaising with government agencies.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for an investment arm of Boon Rawd Brewery group for the acquisition and development of the largest tourist facilities development in the Republic of Maldives.
- Acting for Singha Estate Public Company Limited in its acquisitions of hospitality operations in many jurisdictions, including 26 hotels in the United Kingdom, 6 upscale resorts in Asia-Pacific region.
- Acting for Carabao Group Public Company Limited in its joint venture for operations in the United Kingdom, People Republic of China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
- Acting for Banyan Tree Holdings Limited in the tender offer process to increase its interest in Laguna Resorts & Hotels Public Company Limited, a company listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Acting for Siamgas and Petrochemicals PCL in its acquisition of MW230 combine cycle power plant.
- Acting for Laguna Resorts & Hotels Public Company Limited and InterPacific Group, Inc. in the sale of their interest in the Laguna Beach Resort, a well-known resort in Phuket, Thailand. The transaction was awarded "Merger & Acquisition Deal of The Year Award Winner: Single Asset Transaction Of The Year 2011" from the Hotel Investment Conference Asia Facific (HICAP).
- Acting for Hutchison Telecommunications International Limited in the sale of their investments in Thailand to subsidiaries of the telecommunications operator listed in the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Acting for Capital Hotels NV and Six Senses in connection with the acquisition of investment units in two property funds, which own luxury hotels in Thailand, and a shareholding stake in the operating companies of those hotels; conducting legal due diligence; providing advice on corporate and debt restructuring for these hotels; and negotiating agreements in relation to this project.
- Acting for Lehman Brothers in the acquisition of Grande Asset Development Public Company Limited, a luxury property company listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Acting for IFA Hotels & Resorts FZE in the acquisition of 24.9% of the shares in Raimon Land Public Company Limited, a luxury real estate developer listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Thailand (2009)
- King's College London, UK (LLM) (2012)
- Thammasat University (LLB) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.