Dr. Constanze Ulmer-Eilfort is a member of the Firm's Global Executive Committee and chair of the EMEA region. Previously, from 2012-2017, she was the managing partner of the German and Austrian offices.
Constanze has more than 20 years experience in advising high technology, pharmaceutical and media companies on the protection and commercialization of intellectual property rights. She advises on a broad range of agreements such as collaboration and license agreements, R&D agreements and agreements with academic institutions. Furthermore, she is also seasoned in the field of copyright. Constanze is ranked by JUVE, Legal 500 and Chambers as a leading lawyer in life sciences transactions and in copyright and has been awarded with the "Overall Outstanding Female Practitioner Award" at the 2016 Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards and the PMN Awards as Managing Partner of the year 2015.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CureVac AG on a collaboration and license agreement with Eli Lilly and Company.
- Advised on the sale of Ganymed Pharmaceuticals AG to Astellas Pharma.
- Advised CureVac AG on the equity investment and collaboration agreements with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Represented Kröner Verlag in a test case against Fernuniversität Hagen on sec. 52a UrhG.
- Advised AiCuris GmbH on an out-licensing agreement with a leading science and technology company.
- Advised CureVac AG on a collaboration and license agreement with Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Represented a global technology services provider in the proceedings against VG Wort on copyright levies on printers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss HLG - Member
- Humboldt University Berlin - Lectureship on Intellectual Property
- BIO Deutschland - Working Group, Patents & Licensing
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV) - Member
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property & Copyright (GRUR) - Member
- Licensing Executives Society (LES) - Member
- ALAI - Member
- Germany (1993)
- New York~United States (1991)
- University of Munich (Assessor Exam) (1993)
- University of Berlin (Dr. jur.) (1993)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M.) (1989)
- University of Munich (Referendar Exam) (1987)
- University of Regensburg
Co-author, "Technologietransfer - Lizenzverträge für Patente und Know-how", Verlag C.H. Beck, 2. Edition, 2016
Co-author, "Verlagsrecht, Kommentar," Verlag C.H. Beck, 2013
Co-author, "Challenging Licensed Intellectual Property rights under US and European laws - The US Supreme Court abandons the Principle of Licensee Estoppel"
Constanze Ulmer-Eilfort has given numerous presentations on topics related to intellectual property and has published books, law journal articles and newspaper articles on patent and know-how licensing, patent and competition law, copyright in the digital age, and copyright levies.