Edia Uko is an Associate in Baker McKenzie's Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Practice Group in Johannesburg who is qualified and has practiced in New York.
Edia specialises in mergers and acquisitions (private and public) as well as debt and equity capital markets transactions, investment funds, securities law and corporate governance. She routinely represents issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, equity offerings and investment grade debt offerings. She also represents corporate clients, dealer managers and financial advisors in connection with tender offers. She also has experience in cross-border transactional work in Sub-Saharan Africa and New York law transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the Development Bank of South Africa in its loan facility for the government of Angola.
- Advised Impala Platinum Holdings Limited in relation to its USD 250 million Term Debt Facility.
Representative legal matters prior to joining the Firm:
- Advised the initial purchasers in the high yield offering by Avon International Capital p.l.c of USD 400 million 6.50% senior secured notes and the dealer manager in the related cash tender offer.
- Advised Altice USA, Inc. in the settlement of an equity forward and in corporate and disclosure matters.
- Advised Ford Motor Company and Ford Motor Credit Company in corporate, capital markets and disclosure matters.
- Advised the placement agent in connection with Digimarc Corporation's ATM program.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with Atmos Energy Corporation's equity ATM program.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the offering by Huntington National Bank of USD 300 million floating rate senior notes.
- Advised the dealer managers in connection with Macy's Retail Holdings, Inc.'s USD 750 million tender offer.
- New York (2018)
- Fordham University School of Law (JD) (2017)
- George Washington University (BA) (2012)