Nicole is a leading insolvency, restructuring and commercial litigation lawyer with more than 20 years of experience. She has strong relationships and networks with insolvency practitioners in both NSW and Victoria.
Nicole advises boards and senior executives on insolvency and restructuring related matters and in the management of complex, funded commercial litigation. She has a detailed knowledge of the Corporations Act, ASIC Act and financial services law with expertise in PPSA and the ability to provide commercially sound and technically accurate advice to clients across a broad range of legal areas. Nicole is recognised by Doyle's Guide's Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers – New South Wales, 2020.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for the director and deed of company arrangement (DOCA) proponent in relation to the administration, DOCA and restructure of a group of companies in the manufacturing sector.
- Advised directors and officers of publicly listed company on insurance notification and coverage matters arising from administration of appointee company.
- Acted for a key defendant in the retail sector in the defence of a significant and complex class action in the Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for Singaporean investment fund on enforcement and restructuring issues associated with Australian investments.
- Acted for the receivers (Grant Thornton) of Ice Design (retail group).
- Advised key stakeholder in relation to the administration of Arrium Limited.
- Acted for secured cash flow financier and receivers of earthmoving/freight business. Involved extensive Supreme Court litigation including enforcement of seizure/related orders. Negotiated resolution of multi-party claims to enable retirement of receivers.
- Acted for international food distributor and secured creditor in restructuring/informal workout in respect of its Australian based produce supplier/debtor.
- Acted for key stakeholder in administration of Griffin Coal.
- Recommended Individual, Doyle's Guide 2020 (NSW)
- Leading Individual, Doyle's Guide 2019 (NSW)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute Victoria
- Commercial Law Association
- Turnaround Management Association Australia (TMA)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales (2001)
- Supreme Court of South Australia~Australia (1999)
- Federal Court of Australia~Australia
- High Court of Australia
- (Certificate Course Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice) (2005)
- (Graduate Certificate Legal Practice) (1999)
- (Bachelor of Laws Hons) (1996)
- (Bachelor of Economics) (1994)