Duygu Turgut focuses her practice on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions using stock, asset and merger structures, joint ventures and privatizations. In 2012, she was seconded to the Private Equity Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's London office.
Ms. Turgut's experience includes advising clients on buy-side and sell-side transactions, both in initial acquisitions and subsequent investment exits, privatizations, and general corporate matters, and coordination and implementation of multijurisdictional restructuring transactions. She has advised companies in the energy and infrastructure, healthcare, manufacturing and industrial, retail, pharmaceuticals, insurance, food and beverage, and technology sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised AIM-listed Monitise plc on the cross-border acquisition of 100 percent of the issued share capital of Pozitron Yazılım A.S., Turkey's leading mobile money company.
- Advised Toksoz Group, one of the leading private groups in Turkey, on the acquisition of Pernigotti, the historical Italian brand in the confectionery business, from Fratelli Averna.
- Advised The Abraaj Group in its joint acquisition with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) of a 35 percent stake in BRN Yatak Baza Ev Tekstili Insaat Sanayi Ticaret Anonim Sirketi (BRN Sleep Products).
- Advised Orkun Olgar, Ozhun Olgar and Bekir Guven Olgar, shareholders of Olgar Group, on the sale of 70 percent of their shares to Global Capital Management Ltd., the alternative asset management arm of Global Investment House.
- Advised Jones Lang Lasalle Gayrimenkul Hizmetleri Ticaret A.S. (JLL) on the acquisition of AVM Ortaklari Proje Yonetimi A.S. (AVM Partners).
- Advised Cargill Holdings B.V. on the acquisition of 51 percent of the issued share capital of Ekol Gida Tarim Ve Hayvancilik Pazarlama Sanayi Ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi (Ekol Gida).
- Advised Abraaj’s Anatolia Growth Capital Fund on its acquisition of a stake in Yu-Ce Tibbi Gerecler Ithalat Ihracat Mumessillik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. (Yu-Ce Medical).
- Istanbul~Turkey (2005)
- Istanbul University (LL.B.) (2003)
Esin Attorney Partnership is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.