Alexey Trusov practices in the areas of corporate, M&A and pharmaceutical and healthcare. He graduated from St. Petersburg State University’s School of Law in 1997 and received his LL.M. from Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1998. He received his degree of Candidate of Science from St. Petersburg State University’s School of Law in 2002. He was admitted to the Russian bar in 1997, and currently serves as co-chair of the Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Legal Committee.
Mr. Trusov focuses his practice on general corporate, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, commercial law, pharmaceutical regulation, domestic securities and venture capital matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Rusnano in connection with a joint venture in Russia for manufacturing and development of innovative medical equipment for the treatment of cancer by brachytherapy.
- Advised SABMiller, one of the world’s leading brewers, on the acquisition of 100 percent participation interest in Vladpivo, the largest brewer in the Russian Far East. The value of the gross assets being acquired is approximately USD69 million.
- Advised HealthTech Corporation Limited on its sale of 100 percent of its Aquavision soft drinks manufacturer bottling facility in Russia to the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company for EUR191.5 million.
- Represented Siemens in its acquisition from Interros of 25 percent plus one shares in Power Machines, Russia’s leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment for power generation.
- Advised Alliance UniChem on all aspects of its entry into the Russian pharmaceutical wholesale market, including a due diligence, negotiations and acquisition of Apteka Holding, the fifth largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in Russia.
- Negotiating the sale of 30 cable TV companies, including United Cable Networks, the leading pay TV and broadband service provider in Russia, to Sistema Mass Media.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers - Chairman, Legal Committee
- Russia (1997)
- St. Petersburg State University (Candidate of Science) (2002)
- Cleveland State University (LL.M.) (1998)
- St. Petersburg State University (M.C.L., Honors) (1997)
- St. Petersburg
Speaker, “Healthcare in Russia 2012 – Legal Developments and Priorities,” C5’s 3rd EU Pharma Law & Regulation Conference, Brussels, October 2012
Moderator, “Accession to WTO,” Adam Smith Conference’s Russian Pharmaceutical Forum 2012, St. Petersburg, September 2012
Speaker, “Registration and admission of pharmaceuticals to the market,” St. Petersburg International Forum IPhEB, May 2012
Speaker, Adam Smith Conference’s CIS Pharmaceutical Forum 2012, Moscow, February 2012