Dinh Tran is an associate in the Firm's Tax group in Washington, DC. She advises clients on domestic & international transactional tax matters within the context of mergers and acquisitions, divisions, restructurings, formations, joint ventures, refinancing, and syndications. Dinh represents business clients before the IRS, particularly those seeking private letter rulings and those who are under examination or before IRS Appeals.
Prior to joining the Firm, Dinh worked at the Washington National office of a public accounting firm and served as an attorney-advisor at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, Passthroughs and Special Industries, where she focused on partnership taxation. Also, Dinh previously served as an attorney-advisor to the Honorable Elizabeth Crewson Paris of the United States Tax Court. In addition to practicing tax law, Dinh is currently teaching an ethics course in the taxation program at Georgetown University Law Center.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member, Section on Taxation
- American Bar Association - Member, Section on Taxation
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2010)
- New York~United States (2004)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM) (2008)
- Rutgers University School of Law, New Jersey (JD) (2002)
- Vassar College (BA) (1998)