Nick leads the London Banking team, focusing on cross-border syndicated lending transactions including in relation to emerging markets, governmental authorities, trade finance (including ECA-backed export finance) and funds finance. He is listed as a Leading Individual in Legal 500 and similarly commended for his work in Chambers & Partners.
Nick has extensive experience in cross-border and multijurisdictional leveraged buyouts and restructurings of the same. He also advises clients — including banks and borrowers — on the legal facets of syndicated lending.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for UKEF and SCB in relation to a UKEF direct lending and a commercial facility financing to the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uganda for the construction of Kabaale airport. This deal was UKEF's largest ever loan to an African sovereign.
- Acting for JPMorgan in the restructuring of SAAD/SICL.
- Acting for JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., on a UKEF buyer-credit guaranteed USD 500 million financing for Petrobras to fund oil and gas CAPEX exports by General Electric.
- Acting for finance parties on a UKEF supported financing to a Middle East sovereign in connection with an infrastructure project.
- Advised the Project Company and Sponsors in relation to the financing for the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital Redevelopment project in Bermuda.
- Acting for a financial institute on the applicability of UKEF guarantees with regard to the Capital Requirement Regulation Directive and other matters.
- Acting for a global financial institution on a GIEK (Norwegian ECA) and K-Sure (South Korean ECA) supported financing for an emerging markets borrower.
- Acting for JPMorgan on a United Kingdom Export Finance supported USD 500 million financing for Petrobras.
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD 500 million receivables backed credit facility for Sonangol
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD 2 billion receivables backed credit facility for Sonangol.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
- College of Law at London (Diploma Legal Studies) (1995)
- Oxford University (Worcester College) (B.A. Jurisprudence) (1994)
Nick is ranked as a leading individual, advised on a multibillion-dollar emerging markets financing, and is "among the leading lights" by Legal 500 2015.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.