Nick Tostivin is Head of the Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice Group in London. He regularly advises clients on all aspects of general bank lending and acquisition finance. Nick is listed as a leading practitioner in his field by Chambers UK, and is likewise recognized for his work by Legal 500 UK.
Nick has extensive experience in cross-border and multijurisdictional leveraged buyouts and restructurings of the same. He also advises clients — including banks and borrowers — on the legal facets of syndicated lending.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised for Citigroup as arrangers on a EUR100 million club loan to New World Resources N.V .
- Acted for Standard Chartered Bank on a facility for C&S Electric International.
- Acted for Standard Chartered Bank on a facility for CG Automation Solutions USA Inc.
- Acted for Standard Chartered Bank on a USD100 million facility for Harry Winston Diamonds.
- Acted for KfW in connection with a loan to Darby European Mezzanine Fund.
- Acted for National Australia Bank in its GBP190 million financing of Assura.
- Acted for EQT on the financing of its EUD 690 million buyout of Scandic Hotels.
- Acted for Investor AB and Morgan Stanley Strategic Investments on their EUD2.85 billion buyout of Mölnlycke Healthcare.
- Acted for Greenhill as financial adviser to NASDAQ on NASDAQ's bid for the London Stock Exchange.
- Acted for MCG plc in connection with facilities to support their acquisition of Deloitte's French consulting businesses.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1997)
- College of Law at London (Diploma Legal Studies) (1995)
- Oxford University (Worcester College) (B.A. Jurisprudence) (1994)
Nick is ranked as a leading individual, advised on a multibillion-dollar emerging markets financing, and is "among the leading lights" by Legal 500 2015.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.