Bartosz Tomaszewski is an associate in the IP/IT department of Baker McKenzie Warsaw. He focuses on new technologies and outsourcing law. He was involved in and coordinated numerous complex legal projects, including the implementation of central computer systems in Polish and international financial institutions, listed companies and companies from the telecommunications, logistics and luxury goods industries. Mr. Tomaszewski is a mediator in the arbitration court for internet domains at the Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications, an arbitrator in the arbitration court at the District Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw, and the author of many legal articles and publications.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company on a number of IT implementation projects in the financial, telecom and energy sectors, including the large-scale implementation of an IT billing system for a major mobile network operator in Poland.
- Representing an American multinational IT corporation in a number of large IT and outsourcing projects, including a number of projects in the public sector.
- Advising an American multinational corporation specializing in internet-related services and products; providing ongoing legal advice on local new technologies law, including personal data protection and e-commerce.
- Represented an American IT company in five-year arbitration proceedings against the largest Polish insurance company connected with the implementation of a central IT system.
- Represented and supported an American global courier delivery services company in the conclusion of a contract for the implementation and license of the IT system supporting all business activities of the company’s local entity in Poland.
- Advised the central administration authority on issues related to the national road system in Poland — advising on collecting and processing of personal data in relation to the implementation of a nationwide road traffic management system covering all motorways in Poland.
- Providing legal support to Siemens in the process of awarding a public contract for the supply of carriages to Metro Warszawskie Sp. z o.o.
- Advising clients on privacy regulations, in particular with respect to the use of databases within capital groups, outsourcing data processing, cross-border data flow, privacy infringements, sale, lease and registration of databases.
- Advising on infringement of intellectual property rights including infringement of copyright and trademarks. Advising on unfair competition and advertising law issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors - Member
- Warsaw District Chamber of Legal Advisers - Arbitrator
- Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications - Mediator
- Association of Internet Industry Employers IAB Polska - Legal Group Member
- Poland (2010)
- Warsaw Technical University Business School (Post Graduate Academy of Leadership Psychology) (2012)
- University of Warsaw (Post Graduate Course IP Law) (2004)
- University of Warsaw (Master of Arts) (2003)
- American Law Center (University of Florida and Warsaw University) (2002)