Oleg Tkachenko is an associate in the Moscow office of Baker McKenzie. He has obtained the status of a Russian advocate that allows him to practice criminal law and procedure.
Oleg focuses on investigations and commercial litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major fertilizer producer in criminal proceedings in Russia in connection with an alleged large-scale fraud.
- Represented several individual clients in criminal proceedings against accusations in illegal diamond trade and infliction of damages via deceit and abuse of trust in Russia.
- Represented a household appliances corporation in a discrimination case initiated by an acting employee of the company.
- Advised on various labor and migration issues, including building a disciplinary case against an employee and support for visa and work permits for top managers of the company. Regularly advises on complicated labor law issues related to restructuring and merger of companies, implementation of global anti-bribery and on issues of potential discrimination and violation of an 'equal pay' principle and options to mitigate possible risks.
- Defended foreign clients in a long-lasting fraud case that was investigated by Russian authorities and connected with a raider's attack on a Russian company. Advised on criminal law and procedure, detention procedure in Russia and other issues.
- Defended foreign clients charged with various crimes related to their business activity, including illegal trade in of precious stones diamonds, infliction of losses and smuggling.
- Worked in a team of lawyers to prepare claims to the European Court of Human Rights and Interpol seeking to delete clients from the Interpol Red list.
- Advised a distributor and service provider of construction machines, in on connection with its recovery of real estate assets from the client's debtor.
- Represented the client in a number of disputes and, prevented an attempt to steal client's funds with the use of forged evidence.
- Advised an international company on the recovery of stolen goods and losses resulting from the theft of goods, and also assisted with the criminal procedure, a claim against an insurance company, and reclaiming the stolen goods via civil procedure.
- Russia (2001)
Baker & McKenzie - CIS, Limited is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.