Ramon Tissafi is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's Real Estate and Merger & Acquisitions Practice Groups in the Zurich office. Ramon studied law at the University of Bern and earned his LLM degree at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Subsequently, he worked as a trainee lawyer at Baker McKenzie Zurich. Ramon was admitted to the Zurich bar and rejoined Baker McKenzie as an associate in 2017.
Ramon assists and advises domestic and international clients mainly in the areas of real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate restructurings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented hotel group Beaumier in its acquisition of three hotels in Wengen, Switzerland.
- Advised RUAG International Holding on the sale of its simulation and training business to Thales S.A. as well as on the sale of its Ammotec business to Beretta Holding.
- Advised South Pole Holding AG, a leading climate solutions company, on the investments by Lightrock, Temasek and Salesforce Ventures in South Pole Holding AG as well as on South Pole Holding AG's purchase of CO2Logic SA.
- Represented International Schools Partnership in the acquisition of two new schools in the Geneva region, the British School of Geneva and Ecole Mosaic.
- Advised Swiss Post on its acquisition of a majority stake in Tresorit, a company which offers end-to-end-encrypted cloud services.
- Advised Numab Therapeutics as company counsel on its CHF 100 million Series C financing.
- Advised UBS in the sale of a majority stake in UBS Fondcenter to Clearstream.
- Assisted the global security technology group Giesecke+Devrient in its investment in Netcetera Group AG.
- Advised Swiss Life and several European funds managed by Swiss Life on the acquisition of the shopping center Glattzentrum from the Federation of Migros Cooperatives.
- Assisted Swiss construction services company Implenia in developing and entering into a series of contractual arrangements with Ina Invest AG, a real estate investment company that has been spun off from Implenia and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange.
- Advised Mövenpick Group and Kingdom Holding Company in the sale of their worldwide hotel business to Accor.
- Advised Körber AG in the sale of United Grinding Group to Patinex.
- Advised Fortress Paper in its sale of Landqart, a manufacturer of banknote substrates, passports and visa papers, to Swiss National Bank and Orell Füssli
- Switzerland (2017)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM) (2014)
- University of Bern (Bachelor of Law) (2013)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.