Jose Angelo Tiglao is an associate with the Intellectual Property, Data and Technology Practice Group as well as the Technology, Media & Telecommunications Industry Group at Quisumbing Torres. He ranked sixth in his batch upon graduation from De La Salle University College of Law, where he also received the Most Outstanding Thesis award for his thesis on social media and fake news regulation in the Philippines.
He is both a Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe) and a Certified Information Privacy Manager by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and is currently the Assistant Corporate Secretary of the Licensing Executives Society Philippines.
Angelo's practice focuses on matters relating to intellectual property, including brand enforcement and management, IP disputes, data privacy and technology advisory for a wide range of clients in various sectors. He also has experience in advising and assisting clients in the enforcement and litigation of their IP rights before courts and administrative agencies in the Philippines.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) - Member, Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and Certified Information Privacy Professional - Europe (CIPP/E)
- Licensing Executives Society Philippines (LESP) - Member, Assistant Corporate Secretary
- Philippines (2019)
- De La Salle University (J.D. Ranked 6th; Most Outstanding Thesis awardee) (2018)
- De La Salle University (B.S. Political Science Honorable mention) (2013)